Monday, July 31, 2017

Shirt #1

Spent yesterday a.m. sewing Sonya Philip's Shirt #1 in Kaffe Fassett's shot cotton. I wish you could see the amazing colour in the latter fabric, which Purl Soho describes as "woven with two slightly different colors, creating a subtle shimmer of light and beauty". Right on. This is a perfect layering piece to go with my other pieces from Sonya's genius collection of simple wardrobe pieces.


The skein on display is for a new Fibonnaci Scarf, part of my fall wardrobe plan, concocted after perusing Anushka Rees's book, The Curated Closet. More about this in an upcoming post.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love that color! I keep thinking it's time for me to sew again, but so far I haven't. Maybe this will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can go wrong with 100 Acts of Sewing patterns. Very easy, both to sew and to wear, plus being in the U.S. you have access to beautiful fabrics by mail order, something I really miss out on here.

    ReplyDelete