Thursday, November 27, 2014

Victory

Well, here I am one week after my last post, still tied to my telecom provider via the internet, my mobile phone, and yes, our land line. It goes to show that patience and perseverence can actually pay off (literally). After waiting a few days, and calling back to said telecom company, I was offered a "deal" whereby my land line cost was reduced by only $5, but my internet (unlimited) was reduced by $20 per month. Best of all, these are not "promotional" fees, but regular ones. A win for us, I think, although I'd be embarrassed to admit the number of hours I've spent on the phone with this company over the past year.
I've been playing for the last ten days, or so. The seeds of many new ideas have formed, even it there's not much actual knitting to show for the time. Finally, yesterday I got something really launched.


The yarn is a laceweight merino from Riverside Studio, hand-dyed near Wakefield, Quebec. It's not pink (that's a trick of my camera), but a rich burgundy. Hope to have this pattern out by the end of next week, just in time for holiday knitting, in case anyone is looking for a bit of scarf knitting.
Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers. I have such fond memories of our American Thanksgivings, not for the family (we had none) or food, but because I associate the holiday with a relaxed four-day weekend of knitting. Bill was usually somewhere on the opposite side of the globe, so it was just the kids and me. No expectations to fulfill, no mad scramble out the door to get everyone to work and school. Lovely in retrospect. I read this morning in the Washington Post that there's some wintry weather to our south. No snow here on the north side of Lake Ontario,



thankfully!