Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fibonacci, Ruched

While I was at YOSO, I ran into an attendee wearing this cardigan, with its delightful ruching. The version I saw being worn looked more appealing than the one in the Ravelry photo. It happens. Around the same time, the Yarn Harlot was making an adorable tiny ruched cardi. So, somehow, I got the ruching bug. What can I say? It must have been the power of suggestion, and weak-willed as I am, the first thing I did when I had time back home was to play with a bit of ruching on one of my own designs.


It's going to take a lot more time and yarn than the original version, because all those ruched sections involve almost twice as many stitches as the flat version. I'm thinking that now that I've worked out how to make it happen, I'll rip this out (I'm a bit fed up with blue for now) and make one in a gauzy kid mohair. Good thing I'm going to the Frolic in TO on Saturday where I hope to hunt down the perfect yarn for this--light, airy, and NOT blue!