Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pretty in Plum

Wheatsheaves, the pattern, is written up, and about to be test knitted. I took a break today to play with a beautiful yarn, Sandnes' Silk and Mohair, a wonderful mohair, silk, and wool confection that offers up massive yardage per ball.




The last photo is of the swatch blocking. Mohair is so difficult to photograph. Yes, it's the same lace pattern as in Wheatsheaves. I was curious to see how it would come out in mohair. Don't know whether I'm up for knitting a version in this beautiful stuff. It definitely requires more concentration than plain old wool. But the notion of a floaty, softly feminine cardigan has a lot of appeal at this grimmest time of the year.


This is a view of the Lake from the bottom of my street yesterday afternoon. I believe it was colder than Antarctica, and I'm not kidding about that!