Friday, October 12, 2012

Lucy

Almost exactly two years ago, when I was at Rhinebeck with Janie H., I purchased a couple of skeins of Green Mountain Spinnery's Sylvan Spirit in "Moonshadow". Photos simply don't do justice to the soft lustre of this product. (You may be wondering why I'm talking about this yarn right after ranting about the disappearance of classic wools from yarn shops; this isn't a classic yarn, but it's one that's worth splurging on, especially for something small like a scarf.) A few months later, those skeins turned into Lucy, a very simple lace scarf, meant to work as a project for lace newbies and as something for me to wear with just about everything. (Another aside: Lucy was published on Ravelry as an accompaniment to Tumnus. OK, I'm a big Chronicles of Narnia fan--the books, definitely not the Disney movies.) Until now, I've not had a nice photo of Lucy, the scarf. Yesterday I rectified that.










I'm never going to make a career as a photographer, but I think these pics are definitely an improvement over what I had before. 










Because I know someone will ask, that's the Perth Cardi underneath Lucy, in Helen Hamann's Luxury Alpaca (another worthy splurge, considering that the cardi takes only five balls.) I plan on picking up some more Sylvan Spirit and Helen Hamann alpaca this year in Rhinebeck. See you there next week.