Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Time Travel

I'm spending time every day this week with Orlando--Orlando Gibbons, that is, the late Tudor/early Jacobean composer. I'll be playing some of his viol music, a fantasia and galliard, in an upcoming concert. I'll be playing some Monteverdi too, but I don't have the music for that yet. This is my favourite way to time travel (books being a close second).
In less than a week, the spring issue of Twist will be out and in anticipation, I'm working on a version of Brookline for myself. Here it is as of this morning:


OK, I'm a tease. Really, though, this is the yoke, with all the stitches on a length of yarn, about to be blocked. If you follow this blog, you'll know that I'm a great fan of wet blocking my work-in-progress to check gauge and size. Hopefully, it'll be dry and I can get going on the rest of the body tomorrow. I'd like to wear it at the Toronto annual Knitter's Frolic at the end of the month, assuming that the weather stays cool enough. After our non-winter, spring seems to be in a holding pattern.