Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fading Rapidly

Now that we're into the second half of October the fall colours are fading rapidly. In fact, just 15 minutes north of Kingston, most of the leaves seem to be gone already. A few sumac shrubs still have their red leaves clinging. I love the slightly drab colours of late autumn.



I took these photos yesterday on my way to Janie H. Knits, where I dropped off this pile of sweaters and other knitted goodies.


Janie is kindly setting up a table for me at the Lanark Knitting Guild Vendor's Night, being held on Tuesday evening in Almonte, ON. If you're interested, there's info here. While at Janie's I discovered this.



Of course, I couldn't leave without it. Haven't put it down except to sleep. You don't need to read Japanese to be inspired by the simple elegance of these designs. And the faded, earthy colours play right into my fall mood. Off to play with my stash (sock knitting be damned today!)