Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Into Hibernation

With the Victoria Day weekend approaching, it's time to put the woollies into hibernation. This morning, I took them out of their basket by the front door and spread them out on the living room trunk/coffee table.



Over the next couple of days, I'll wash them, dry them, and stash them away in giant ziplock bags. I might try something new this year to deter moths. There's nothing worse than finding a favourite piece of knitting with a nasty little hole. I'm having brilliant success deterring squirrels in my window boxes with grated Irish Spring soap, so I'm thinking that a little piece of it in each bag might have the same effect on moths. Only problem-- all our stuff will end up stinking of Irish Spring too. There's a reason the squirrels stay away! Let me know what you do to keep moths away from your beautiful work.