Thursday, May 5, 2011

Capturing the Sparkle

Finally, sunshine. Gorgeous spring day, the kind I imagine Tolkien was writing about at the start of Bilbo Baggins' adventure. Bill and I drove along the lake to the Glenora ferry, where I paused to try to capture the sparkle of the sun on the water.

I wasn't entirely successful, which is a pity, since there are few things that impart as much joy as seeing the sun
sparkling on blue water.












While waiting for the ferry, I worked a bit on my car knitting-- a Baktus in turquoise, a jewel colour worthy of the day. Really, can anyone have too many Baktuses?











Had a little lecture from Bill about the flag that was flying at the ferry landing. Notice, it's not the usual Union Jack.






 Just in case anyone is curious, this is the background behind it.

                                                          
Then, we drove into Picton, where I did a little shopping at Rose Haven Fibre Arts.


We had a nice lunch at the bookstore, then hopped back on the ferry and drove home, stopping only to take a photo of this for James (he's an alum of St. Albans School in Washington, DC).


Time to contemplate the next project. What should I do with these?